// On :Thursday 10 May 2012

Finally, I got time to write the final chapter for this segment. Actually now is 2012.. I already graduated from RMIT,  and I already back to my home country in Indonesia, but I still want to end this amazing story with wonderful memories.. so.. let just start...

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA... a place where I discovered a lot of amazing and fun things. before I came to that place, I always thought what will happen with me in Melbourne.. and I also had a rough time to get the Australian visa because the limited time that I got to finish all the docs before Christmas and new year holiday back then in 2010.
Sometimes I thought that maybe its better for me to just stay in Jakarta without going to Melbourne.

I realized that kind of thinking was wrong and I finally went to Melbourne and started my "exciting Freedom Journey"...

  • KNOWLEDGE
This is the main reason why I went to Melbourne. Taking a Double degree program from my uni in Indonesia, requires me to go study abroad for one year. I took "Bachelor of Information Technology (Multimedia Design)" program. I learned design and computer subjects. actually most of the subjects were not that difficult.. it was just one subject, which I felt really need a lot of attention.. which is the 3D animation subjects... because I almost failed at the first semester, I spend most of the time doing the 3D animation project in my last semester... because if I failed, I can't graduate and that means all my parent effort to collect all the money will be wasted without any result. My hard work were paid off and finally I graduated from RMIT. The graduation parade and graduation ceremony were totally awesome.







Best graduation picture~!! me on the very left~ :)



  • PLACES
well.. getting my own freedom lets me go to lots of new places in around Melbourne. First, was of course, my temporary home before I got my own place. My senior from Indonesia helped me and he let me stayed at his "somehow unique" place.. with eerie entrance. Next is my 1 year home at Milano Apartment with lots of nice facilities... too bad I didn't got the time to try the mini cinema. beside that, I also went to shopping arcades in Melbourne City, st. Kilda Beach, Laverton where my relatives live. Etihad Stadium,Docklands, the farthest one that I remembered was Dandenong ranges park with plenty of beautiful flowers.






 

  • FAMILY
actually I have relatives... "long time no see" relatives. 3 of my Aunties stay and lives in Melbourne. One of them is married to an Australian, so I have a foreign uncle~! hahaha. We already not seeing each other for about 10-15 years I guess.. it's been soooooooo long~ I'm very happy to met them. They helped me a lot. My mom was also happy to met them again and she said that... maybe, every year... at least we will go to Melbourne at least once to meet them~~


 
 
  • FRIENDS
This section will be long..I think.. so please bear with me.. hahah

This is what makes my stay in Melbourne felt so colorful and exciting. I' m really happy that I went to Melbourne and met a lot of new people.. eventually we become friends~ Thanks to them.. I didn't become a nerd at home lol. Somehow I felt that all the people in this place are very kind and helpful.

I met people from many countries.. Malaysia, Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, India, Korea, Australia (of course~!) and even from my own country Indonesia. I joined 2 clubs.. PPIA RMIT (Indonesian Student Association) and RMIT JAPAN CLUB~! YEEEAAAAY~


 

Having lot of friends here really helped me a lot. From "how to live in Melbourne, Job Interview lesson, and even FREE additional food if I meet my friend who work in McDonald's LOL~

I spend most of my free time going to Japan Club activities and I even applied and became the promotional Officer for the club~ It was nice to work with them. I learned a lot,and had fun a lot. We did a lot if things together... Karaoke, BBQ party, Bowling and the most FUN was the SORAN BUSHI~~~!! DOKOISSHOO~~~~~ (you can read the story on the previous chapter). Some of the officers and members also graduating with me so we did the graduation parade and ceremony together~ Hahahah actually I'm speechless.. I'm too happy to described it into words hahaha. Well anyway now I'm still keep in touch with them.. thanks for the internet.

 
 
 
 



Not to forget..my colleague friends from Indonesia.. 8 of us.. including me..went to Melbourne.. even though.. only two person who are back to Indonesia.. but I still cherish and remember the fun memories that we did together..




And also my 1 year Roommate~! Rene~~~~ aaawwww~ thanks for helping me~~ We do had fun a lot... especially this one... "My Room Apartment is a battlefield~!"


Thanks also for the friends from PPIA RMIT~ terima kasih banyak buat seneng2nya~~~




  • LOVE
EHM.. actually.. this is the personal part.. ahaha actually this part of memories become the funniest things that I ever had in Melbourne.. no.. my entire life maybe.. hahaha too bad.. I won't write the story here... (if you wanna know.. we should meet~!)

I did have a target of finding a girlfriend from Melbourne hahah and I found someone.. but too bad.. no chance because she already got a boyfriend. (NUOOOOOOOOO~~~)




Actually, this post can never hold all my stories here~ I had soooooo much fun. Melbourne is a nice, good, exciting place to stay. Everything are new here and I learned a lot.

Last but not the least. I wanna say thank you very much for everyone in Melbourne who helped me and made my days enjoyable... If I visit Melbourne again some other time, lets meet for an reunion~!

I'm not staying in Melbourne anymore.. but our memories will stay forever~!

Thank you~!!! and this concludes the Final chapter of "ATARASHII No SEKAI- Melbourne"
Last picture taken in Melbourne *sniff
note: on second thought.. It will be good if I can publish all these stories into a book and sell it~~ :) *blingbling

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments