// On :Friday 3 August 2012

So~! the first one you will notice when you visit this blog... must be the new look of the blog~! yeaay~!This blog has been using the default old template for more than 1 year I guess... starting before I went to Melbourne until now I'm back to Indonesia. The old blog default template was Travel which is available from this blogger itself. But now I need to refresh my blog with new look so I will have get more mood in writing~! :)

For you guys anime lovers, you might realized that the picture frame style in the homepage is similar to someone's website... yup~ it's similar to Danny Choo's blog. But wait~ I'm not directly copied it from him~ this major change also has my effort in it.. let me elaborate~!

The mood to change the blog style started when I saw a post in facebook  Post~! Danny posted a website which made a Mirai blog template. As I looked through all the pages in that blog... the blog is really good~! it has more other anime styled blog template. You might want to check, so here's the blog: Blog Johanes (well.. it's in Indonesian though...)

so I applied it to my blog.. but it wasn't really fit 100% to my blog features~ so it is also the time to change the banner first~!

Bye, Old banner~

hello to new banner~!  

 So for the new banner, I made it bigger and added more blue things from my inventory~ how many Items you can recognize from this new banner?? hahaha

Next the base color~! the template provided all the texts and the lines are in orange color... so I have to directly edit the XML file and change it with the HEX CODE~! to change it into blue color~! (thank goodness I'm a Computer student~ :) )

from these 1200++ lines of code.. you have to find a line of code which changes the color~!

And I managed to change all the color of the text and the lines though~ hahahah 

Next~ Widgets~! too bad I have to throw away some widgets though.. and moved some of it into different place in the blog. because its not really fit~ The radio widget and the form spring now are in the bottom side of the blog~ and instagram widget in the left side of the blog.

It took me 1 day to change everything from the old view into this new design. Well now you should know which part took the longest time hahaha~

On the top side.. below the banner~ you can see a navigation bar~ well... for now its still not working though.. still need time to think what I should put there~ hahaha so please be patient. 

After I finished everything~ I really like the banner which fits perfectly and the effect of the picture frame on the homepage. If you hover your mouse to one of the picture frame, it will show a text "read more" that you can click to read more story of the post~  (danny's blog can't do this~ lol)

haha I think I will keep this style for a while... if you experienced any bugs or strange things in this new design, please do tell me so I can fix it quickly~

and now.. Enjoy the new Amethyst's Blues~! :)



{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }